The Cobra Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion

4 posters

Go down

General Discussion  Empty General Discussion

Post by RedDevilXLT Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:02 am

Figured I'd start the Black Ops section of Call of Duty because I'm glad I bought it. The customization of everything in multiplayer is EPIC. I just made my symbol and it is BAD ASS. I created the Red Devil with snake eyes and an anarchy symbol on it's forehead. Looks SAAWEEEEET. I took a picture of it with my phone but the camera SUCKS and made the red skull look orange...go figure.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=178436248838490&set=a.102759496406166.6704.100000163476180

How I made it:
Layer 1: Anarchy Symbol in dark red.
Layer 2: Skull in red
Layer 3: Snake in green
layer 4: Snake, inverted, in green
Layer 5: Fang in red (for the horns)
Layer 6: Fang, inverted, in red (for the horns)

I LOVE the crazy customization options you have for this. SO MANY FUCKING SYMBOLS TO CHOOSE FROM AND MAKE!!!
RedDevilXLT
RedDevilXLT
Admins

Male Number of posts : 2408
Usertitle : Evil S.O.B. 1st Class
Faction : <b>Reach Cobra</b>
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

General Discussion  Empty Re: General Discussion

Post by The Alcotai Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:29 am

How far can you go in terms of customizing the appearance of your character apart from the emblem?
The Alcotai
The Alcotai
Cobra Spamming Tool MVP

Male Number of posts : 4003

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilXLT Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:48 pm

The Alcotai wrote:How far can you go in terms of customizing the appearance of your character apart from the emblem?

You can choose what he wears and there are different face paints. What he wears depends on what you play as: essentially if you choose Spetznaz like I did, he wears this urban camo suit. You can choose 5 or 6 different get ups. I think there's a whole bunch of different face paints because i see a whole bunch of different styles. Heartless had one that looked like the Joker's and there was a spectre looking one. Since I haven't unlocked that ability yet, I can't say how many there are.

You can also paint your gun different styles, too. Of course, I went with red LOL But there are quite a few different camos you can use for your gun. Oh, and you can get a flamethrower for your gun. Figured I'd put that out there.
RedDevilXLT
RedDevilXLT
Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazoa Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:31 pm

Nooo.... YOU BETRAYED ME.... The game sounds good and all, but again, I do not want to spend 60 bucks every year on a new CoD game, if I want CoD, I still have plenty to do on MW2
Nazoa
Nazoa
Cobra Spamming Tool MVP

Female Number of posts : 3890
Usertitle : The Hammer Whore

https://www.youtube.com/nazoa1993

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilXLT Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:15 am

I did pretty much everything I could on MW2...I played the story through and through and did a TON of mulitplayer, trying to unlock all the titles.
RedDevilXLT
RedDevilXLT
Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazoa Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:48 pm

Oh I got all the achievements from the singleplayer campaign, so I literally did everything... But in my opinion you haven't done everything until you are 10th prestige level 70.... granted you don't have a life but still
Nazoa
Nazoa
Cobra Spamming Tool MVP

Back to top Go down

Post by Anson992 Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:06 pm

Nazoa, trust me it isn't worth it.

I've played it extensively now with Toast and its fun for a little bit, but after playing it for hours it becomes apparent that its a Treyarch game. They mess with stuff that didn't at all need to be messed with (like claymore explosion times).

The customization options seem nice at first, but really the game only has limited appeal to me. I don't know the next CoD I'll get, but I really don't think it'll be this one.
Anson992
Anson992
Unofficial Leader

Male Number of posts : 2057
Usertitle : Cobra Actual

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilXLT Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:04 pm

It really should be. The Presidential Zombie game is HILARIOUS and fun. also, there's Zork and a mini Zombie game hidden inside the computer at the menu screen that are both really fun to play. There's actually more to this game than just campaign/multiplayer.
And the explosion timing of the claymores aren't that different. Considering the fact that I could run past them in MW2 and I can run past them in Black Ops, the change must be very minute. I have noticed that sometimes they go off when they're supposed to and other times they lag BUT that's for both MW2 and BO. Also, I haven't noticed as many glitches in Black Ops when compared to the HUGE amount in MW2. Lets face it, Infinity Ward loved allowing glitches.
Honestly, I think the only reason you guys are stuck on Infinity Ward is because they were the original modern day based FPS shooter for CoD. Trey did a great job in WaW and now in BO: they added more playability to the game then ever before, balanced the weapons system better than MW2, the graphics are equal (not great IMO), the campaign story is great (flows better than MW2's, IMO), and the loading of games is actually faster on multiplayer over MW2.
I understand buying a new CoD every year sounds crazy BUT the normal life span of these fps games isn't that long for consoles, either. Hell, I grew tired of Halo Reach's multiplayer kinda quickly, more so than I'd like to admit. 1 CoD a year isn't all that bad, especially when you consider how many games people buy and play over the course of a year.
RedDevilXLT
RedDevilXLT
Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazoa Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:46 pm

LOL ZORK? I remember when I used to play that garbage, that crap was HARD..... lol
Nazoa
Nazoa
Cobra Spamming Tool MVP

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilXLT Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:15 pm

I love Zork LOL I like reading the responses it gives you when you try to do stupid shit LOL
RedDevilXLT
RedDevilXLT
Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazoa Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:30 pm

lol "jump"
you may now go to the second grade