The Cobra Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Armor Abilities?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Favorite Armor Abilities? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Armor Abilities?

Post by Nazoa Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:48 pm

Yeah seriously
Nazoa
Nazoa
Cobra Spamming Tool MVP

Female Number of posts : 3890
Usertitle : The Hammer Whore
Faction : <b>Reach Cobra</b>
Registration date : 2008-07-28

https://www.youtube.com/nazoa1993

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilXLT Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:23 pm

I LOVE MY ACTIVE CAMOUFLAGE!!

Played BTB MCTF and just hid around the base with the sniper. Kept taking out vehicles with the sniper rifle while their tank kept trying to hit me LOL Couldn't hit what he couldn't see LOL And when I ran out of ammo, I stayed in the base and assassinated flag grabbers like it was my job....how they never notice an invisible around them is beyond me, what with the radar jammer
RedDevilXLT
RedDevilXLT
Admins

Male Number of posts : 2408
Usertitle : Evil S.O.B. 1st Class

Back to top Go down

Post by The Alcotai Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:30 pm

What I do is I go and grab the shotty, which nobody ever takes, head back to the base and just wait LOL. They never seem to expect it.
The Alcotai
The Alcotai
Cobra Spamming Tool MVP

Male Number of posts : 4003

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilXLT Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:29 am

I encountered a guy doing that last night on Hemorrhage, so instead of using invisible I chose sprint. Ran there on my own, evaded the enemies, got on top of the base while crouching and nailed the guy with a sticky as he was crouching there. Grabbed the flag, ran up top, hopped through the teleporter, and escaped with the flag.
RedDevilXLT
RedDevilXLT
Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by The Alcotai Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:18 am

Which is why I keep shifting around in there never letting my guard down Smile
The Alcotai
The Alcotai
Cobra Spamming Tool MVP

Back to top Go down

Post by Anson992 Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:53 pm

RedDevilXLT wrote:Active Camo. By far the greatest thing for me.

1. Assassin. It's who I am.
2. Tanks = No problem. Just sneak up on them. Timing is everything but it's easy. I nail tanks like it's my job by going invisible and sneaking up to them OR letting them get close to me.
3. Afraid of crossing open spaces? Become the open space.
4. Sniping. INSANELY SWEET. Just go invisible and stand up out in the open without a care in the world and bring people down. Once your invis runs out, duck back down, out of sight. Shoot and duck. Go invis.
5. Armor Lock gives people time to get close to you and behind you for the assassination....never really had any luck with this.
6. Hologram: gives away your position. If you're smart/paying attention, you'll notice the hologram blips as it comes to life. Not all that great. It can reveal campers/snipers but it also reveals where it came from.
7. Jetpack. It's neat...but you're a giant flying bullseye for me. If you want to gain a vantage point up on some normally inaccessible point, I can understand....but everyone hears/sees you going through the air...

You have the patience for camo, I know I really don't.

For me it's usually Sprint or Armor Lock. Heres why.

Sprint just makes it easy to get around the field, get to weapons faster, get to assist teamates faster. Its all about pacing.
Armor Lock is also really great when used properly, which brings me to point A.

A) Red, I don't see how people assassinate you out of armor lock unless there are multiple enemies. You can turn around and face your opponent mid armor lock. In fact I love doing this cause jackasses think they'll just get behind me and assassinate me, but what ends up happening is my lock EMP takes out their shields and I punch them once for the death.

B) When your teamates KNOW you are using armor lock they stay nearby for assist. Me and Toast do it all the time. I go into a fray of enemies and lock, they all surround me like idiots, and Toasty tosses grenades galore on my position. Easy double/triple kills.

C) Sword guys. I wish I recorded it, but I'm so beasty against sword guys with armor lock. With perfect timing I've destroyed them by locking when they lunge me, coming out and punching them, locking agains for the second strike, coming out and punching them for the death. Of course smart people could B strike me and may be able to disrupt my plan, but most sword guys just lay on the lunge button so its a really easy kill.
Anson992
Anson992
Unofficial Leader

Male Number of posts : 2057
Usertitle : Cobra Actual

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazoa Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:25 am

armor lock has begun to grow on me... I didn't think I'd be able to time the locking good enough, but I actually tend to save myself from sticks/sword lunges 9 times out of 10
Nazoa
Nazoa
Cobra Spamming Tool MVP

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilXLT Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:49 am

Armor lock blows. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It blows. People can and will assassinate you, even if the EMP gets them. And when in a game is there NOT more than one person facing me down? I'm usually surrounded by them. And if I had a sword and lunged and was blocked by the armor lock. I just wait you out. I've done it tons of times when invisible vs. armor lockers. I took out one guy, turn to face the second who goes into armor lock. I bounce off and back up. He comes out and I lunge him. It's all in the timing because for a split second you are vulnerable after the armor lock. And I will get you. Plus, if I'm invisible and you can't find me, I'm going to assassinate you without warning...so how does armor lock help? Personally, the only time I've seen armor lock become useful is when Alc prevented 2 splatters at once by blowing up the Ghosts LOL Hilarious, yet it proves armor lock can at least be good for preventing splatters. Otherwise, I'll just wait you out and kill you.
RedDevilXLT
RedDevilXLT
Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazoa Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:36 am

Well see red, you're saying it's useless against you. But in many situations it has helped me more than any other armor ability would have. Just depends on how sucky the people are you go against... and I've gone against a lot of noobs...
Nazoa
Nazoa
Cobra Spamming Tool MVP

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilXLT Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:18 am

I've found it useless when I use it. If anyone uses it, people just hold back and wait. I see it all the time. It's useless. The medic/bubble shield ability is more useful. Saved me a ton of times AND lets my shields recharge AAAAND I can bounce in and out of the bubble to fight. More than I can say for armor lock.
RedDevilXLT
RedDevilXLT
Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by The Alcotai Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:55 am

The bubble doesn't do it for me, but it's fucking hilarious when there's a guy teabagging away in his drop shield thinking he's all safe and then you just splatter him from behind in a ghost.
The Alcotai
The Alcotai
Cobra Spamming Tool MVP

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilXLT Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:23 am

LOL I did that with a sniper rifle. A guy kills my teammate on Hemorrhage and proceeds to teabag him....oh, I say NAY NAY! *SNIPE*

The Bubble shield is awesomely worth it. Especially with Invasion where you can create a path of bubble shields to your destination with help from teammates who actually coordinate it with you LOL
RedDevilXLT
RedDevilXLT
Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by Anson992 Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:37 pm

Well I find armor lock pretty useful, I'm good with it. I've NEVER been assassinated out of a lock because I know how and when to use it properly. Other good uses for armor lock:

Splatter prevention
Deflecting rockets
Sword Guys
Sticky Suicides
Teamate grenade assistance.

I'm telling you, armor lock used properly is a force to be reckoned with. With me on Toast on powerhouse, I use lock, he uses jetpack. If ever I was to lock with all the enemies around me there'd be enough time for him to jetpack into the sky and kill all of them before they so much as tried to assassinate me.
Anson992
Anson992
Unofficial Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilXLT Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:57 pm

Bullshit. Seen it fail over and over again. I only agree with splatter prevention.
RedDevilXLT
RedDevilXLT
Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazoa Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:07 pm

Says you red, if you know what you're doing, you can beat the everloving shit out of sword guys, or overly thirsty melee whores...
Nazoa
Nazoa
Cobra Spamming Tool MVP

Back to top Go down

Post by Anson992 Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:53 pm

RedDevilXLT wrote:Bullshit. Seen it fail over and over again. I only agree with splatter prevention.

Like we keep saying, just cause you aren't good with it and Xbox Live nubs aren't good with it does not make it useless.
Anson992
Anson992
Unofficial Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilXLT Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:45 am

Bullshit. And I'm not saying I'm not good with it. I'm saying it's worthless. I'll kill both of your asses using invisible and you can use armor lock. Go for it. I'll snipe you out from a distance with the DMR OR the Sniper. I'll sneak up on you and assassinate you. It's worthless. Even evade is better than that bullshit you guys call an armor ability.
RedDevilXLT
RedDevilXLT
Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by The Alcotai Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:12 am

You can't really sneak up on someone using active camo...lest your target either has no motion tracker or isn't paying very much attention to it.

Also I've seen very witty armor lock users in my time, like guys who do close range nade tags and then armor lock to survive the blast. Also there are the guys in melee fights who armor lock right as you hit them, then pop out and hit you and repeat. You can use it well as a close range took if you have the cunning and timing to use it. So no, it is not worthless when used in the right situations.

Also, this is Lord Xaivier Rinichi and I disapprove of flame wars.
The Alcotai
The Alcotai
Cobra Spamming Tool MVP

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilXLT Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:58 am

Oh, but you can sneak up on someone using Active Cam. Just cuz radar jammer says I'm around the area it still doesn't tell you exactly where. I do it ALL the time on CQC maps where the field is small but my radar jammer affects a greater area. Hell, I pass right in front of enemies all the time while invisible to plant a sticky on them or assassinate them OR just use the radar jammer to let my teammates move around undetected.
And what makes it even better is BTB maps where I go invisible out in the open, snipe you, and then pop back in my hiding spot to recharge my camo. Think you can reach me with armor lock in wide open spaces? Versus a SNIPER RIFLE?! think again. Sprint will get you to cover faster. Medic will allow your shields to recharge in the safety of your bubble. BUT Armor lock leaves you out in the open...vulnerable when the timer runs out... I just wait you out. I'm patient like that.
What I like best about armor lock is the fact that you noobs use it to deflect what ever is thrown at you, be it bullets to ghosts, but your shields NEVER RECHARGE in the short time you're in armor lock. I just wait you out.
And it is worthless.
RedDevilXLT
RedDevilXLT
Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by Anson992 Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:06 am

Look Red, the only way we'd ever figure this out is if we match off against each other. And we can do that if you wish just so we can all prove our point.

I use Invisible, its fine, and I'll agree being out in the open with a Sniper Rifle is probably a great tactic. But in essence no one who uses Invisible on XBL against me has EVER out-played me. Its THAT fact that changes all of this.

I face NOOBS on XBL with invisible and dominate them completely, that invisible shit doesn't work on me. You face NOOBS on XBL with armor lock and trump them every time. THATS the difference.

US and NOOBS.

I don't use armor lock all the time. I'm not that narrow minded that I don't know when a strategy overhaul is in order to trump my foes. I'm not stupid however, and if armor lock was COMPLETELY USELESS than I doubt I'd be as good a player when I use it as I am. Going 20-something with single digits death is not an easy feat, and armor lock has done that for me a dozen times over.

Like I said. You can admit that YOU aren't good with armor lock. You can also admit that NOOBS using armor lock is pretty useless, but armor lock itself is just as useful as any other armor ability if the user knows what the fuck he's doing. Period.
Anson992
Anson992
Unofficial Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilXLT Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:21 am

Here's the simple fact: I AM good with armor lock and I'd appreciate it if you stopped telling me I'm not. I've done the dance and won. I've faced down swords with armor lock and a pistol and won. I've reflected rockets and withstood grenades. But it is worthless due to its limitations in the areas it can't be used in. Active Camo can be used effectively in any scenario you are in, bar none. From Firefight to Invasion, CTF to Slayer, Active Camo is an effective ability across all maps, all the time.
RedDevilXLT
RedDevilXLT
Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by Anson992 Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:28 am

Okay, well the way you made it sound was that you aren't good with it. If you find it less useful than other abilities, say that. Don't say its useless and call us noobs for trying to prove its effectiveness.
Anson992
Anson992
Unofficial Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilXLT Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:33 am

Fine fine, I apologize for calling you noobs....even though you are for using armor lock. LOL And I still maintain it's uselessness. :-P
RedDevilXLT
RedDevilXLT
Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2